Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Deceitful Ruffle

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Would you believe that this ruffle along the V-neck of Kiri took me 2 1/2 hours to knit?
I innocently started around 10 pm, thinking I'd be in bed by 11, a late but reasonable week-day bedtime.
I mean, it was only 4 rows, after picking up the stitches.

By 11 pm, I was only done with the first half of the first row of increases! But I could not put it down then, right?

I tell you, casting off 435 stitches of blue yarn at midnight makes for a very sleepy knitter today!

BTW, this is a much truer color for this yarn. Now onwards to lightly block and seam.

6 Comments:

Blogger alltangledup said...

oh you poor thing, I can't tell you the number of times that I;ve been caught out by ruffles or cast-offs, esp those picot cast-off that take 2-3 times as long and use 2-3 times as much yarn. It does look lovely though

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to lok gorgeous in her.Beautiful face framing ruffles.Delicious colour.
Fab !

5:31 PM  
Blogger pjjhowe said...

oh benedetta: it's beautiful. the color is divine, the technique superb. i'd have stayed up, too.
wear it when you come to ny.
best!!!!
ph

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 and a half hours well spent! Gorgeous colour.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really love it. So feminine yet not overly froofy. Just a touch of ruffles. It will be smashing on you.

And happy belated name's day. My Latvian friends always celebrate their name days and they are not even Catholic. The names are all Latvian names. Must be some kind of Latvian calendar for that. xoxxo Kay

1:37 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

It's beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person...I thought Kiri was a shawl...could it be a sweater too? Happy Name Day!

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home