Saturday, February 19, 2005

Score!




Look at these! 14 inches long DPNs, a nearly complete set!

Since I knit with one needle under my arm, I find using circular needles very awkward and even short DPNs slow me down a lot. But there are so many nice patterns knitted in the round out there that I want to try, I desperately wanted to put my hands on something like this. Two S&B ago, when I saw Michelle innocently wielding some knitting around on one of these beauties, I pounced on her. I tell you, she positively looked alarmed! Next time I saw her, she had pulled her 'Asian connection' strings and her friend Lin appeared with all of the above needles at the Harlow House Heritage Crafters Guild monthly meeting and was ready to part with them for a very, very reasonable price!


And I also scored some lovely handmade soap.



Both Maggie (top) and Michelle (bottom) make their own soap and brought some for me to try. It's great, all natural and with just the most lovely scents! Go see them if you'd like to try some!

As for knitting, not much to report, my knitting time has been severely curtailed and this coming week will be very intensive on many fronts, so I do not expect to be able to do much. I am less than half-way on the Red Scarf Project (I had to frog and restart it, making the scarf 1/3 narrower, because I was running out of yarn) and about half-way up the back of Kiri. Also, I will be unlikely to post for the next week or so, due to all my other current commitments.

Last but not least, thank you all so much for all the compliments about Maddalena and her jackets. She was very proud of turning 5 and appearing on the blog. As many of you pointed out, the fur jacket is made with 'vintage' fur, that has lasted 4 generations, so it is a bit more tolerable. I am at peace with it (just!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home