Monday, February 07, 2005

Empty handed

That's how I feel today. Empty handed. I have no project following me around, no project to knit mindlessly when I am reading blogs, no project waiting at home for me. Well, that is not entirely true, China Cloud is still there, but I do not want to talk about that (she can't follow me, she's not mindless and she's well used to be denied any attention).

But I do have something for show and tell:


Clapotis is done! As shown, resting gracefully on the couch.

Here is another picture, because I think it's the type of item that shows much better on an actual person (me!).



I love the way it turned out, and I hope to use it a lot. Because it's made of Baby Alpaca, it's also very soft and warm. And I especially like that I can wrap it around my head as shown, and still the back of my neck is covered and no chilly wind can find its way down my backside. However, Clapotis' pastel palette does not coordinate with any of my other winter garments, all in much stronger colors. I guess that means I am entitled to go shopping to accessorize this delicate beauty.....

Mia is also done but I will not post a picture until I can give her to Maddalena for her birthday and she can model it for you. The yarn flower on my side bar will be attached to a pin and used for Mia's closure. I will also make some other flowers in different colors and shapes, so Maddalena can choose a flower according to her complex 5 year-old universe.

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed making the flower. Maddalena wanted a rainbow flower, so I started by looking at various patterns here and there, then I messed about trying to make my own one (a la' Heather, only she did not mess about, her flower is lovely) and eventually landed on this one. I did not have in stash bright rainbow colors, so it is a bit subdued. Actually the real colors are nicer than in the photo: the gray is a lovely purple and the teal background is turquoise.

What can be better than filling my empty hands with more pretty yarn flowers?


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just like the Clapotis advertising, you're beautiful and you don't even try.

The zinnia flower is perfect for a little girl. So true about the 5-year-old universe. My 6-year-old Joseph's universe is telling him to wear a belt and the same sweater (luckily one I made) every single day. Except for the days he wants to wear the belt and a shirt & tie.

Eccentricity is hard-wired. xoxo Kay

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful Clapotis.Beautiful you !

Emma. xxx

8:41 AM  
Blogger melanie said...

Clapotis looks marvelous, daahhhling!

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's wonderful - and looks really great with your coloring. Yay for clapotis! :)

Abby (knitlette)

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home