Thursday, March 17, 2005

Eliza and her new bear

A little while ago, when Eliza lived across the street and we visited daily, she asked me to knit her a teddy bear. I love Eliza, she is beautiful, not afraid to stand for herself, with definite likes and dislikes, and treats me like one of her friends. She also loves beautiful things, has an eye for handmade stuff and loves crafts.

So when she asked for a teddy bear, I said yes. I remember that day, all the children in the neighborhood were in the house and each one of them asked for a teddy bear, rioting among the odd balls of yarn and picking their favorite colors. But Eliza is the only one that has held me up to my promise, reminding every few months.

Since teddy bears are not my favorite kind of knitting, I postponed for a long time. But today I am proud to introduce you to Eliza and her brand new bear Kessie.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Kessie, knitted in pink Crystal Palace cotton chenille, took me just a few hours here and there, including the poncho (kitchen cotton) and a pair of blue overall that were not ready yet at the time of the photo shoot, but went home with them by pick up time. Eliza loved it and I am glad to be teddy- bear-commitment free, at least for now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

Very, very cute. You may have shot yourself in the foot. Once the other kids see that one they'll be knocking down your door. ;)

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely photo! She looks so pleased (to have worn you down!). Extra nice of you to knit it in the chenille, which is not that fun to knit. xox Kay

8:42 PM  
Blogger benedetta said...

thanks for all the compliments!
Eliza is very pleased indeed, as am I, having honored yet another commitment!

8:48 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

so adorable! My little girl wants one now!!! ekkks! I can't come back to your blog with the 2 little ones on my lap now.....lol

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home