Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Meglio tardi che mai…

Better late than never

Apologies for being so late about posting on the fabulous Boston Afghanalong Sew-Up Bee.
Yes, Maddalena and I were there, as has been amply documented, and yes, we had a wonderful time!
It was so nice to meet all these talented knitters and bloggers, I regret only that I did not manage to chat with all of them. It was very special to meet in person so many blogland celebrities.
Julia had organized everything spendidly, Kristin and Roseann, hosted us in their beautiful place, Kay kept us all very busy with endless lovely squares, Maddalena and Joseph decided eventually they could maybe be silly together. However, when Maddalena discovered that Wendy the bookish girl, was Melanie’s friend, Wendy was adopted as her preferred playmate, and that was it (much as Joseph adopted Amy and Tunket).
I am forever indebted to Wendy for being so agreeable and playful with the little one!
I even come away with some lovely door-prize goodies: two colorful skeins of Classic Elite Flash mercerized cotton, from Ann, I believe; and a bunch of luxurious knitting accessories, donated by our lovely hostesses: bamboo needles, a sheep measuring tape and needle case, both by Lantern Moon, and a very cool handmade row counter! I feel very privileged!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The blanket under my goodies is the child-size Afghan that Maddalena art-directed. When I saw the initial spread of squares, I quickly identified some bright in-your-face kind of squares (yes, Thomas, yours, to be precise), and, with Kay’s approval, Maddalena and I decided to produce a blanket with all the square that would not fit anywhere else. With Wendy’s help, it turned out beautiful, and very bright!
I took it home to finish the seaming and now it’s ready to be shipped! But not today, the girl needs to snuggle with it one more day!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I also finished the infamous red scarf! Pearl the cat supervised the photo shoot, in an uncharacteristic cooperative mode.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Only 17 more projects to do to complete the Yarn Diet for Charity challenge.

Aaarrgghhhh!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! The blanket looks great. I hate to separate Maddie from it!

So great to see you.....see you soon I hope. xoxo Kay

10:01 PM  
Blogger melanie said...

It looks like it was a great time! I'm particularly fond of the one Maddie art-directed. The girl has talent!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

I had so much fun and Maddie is a cute one. She's going to be a heart-breaker!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home