Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A big shout to....

The Bookish Girl for hosting a fabulous party at her home last weekend.
It was great to meet many new people and some old friends. Actually, they all felt like old friends, thanks to the knitting blogs’ phenomenon!

I just love this: entering, with my usual 1 ½ hour delay, a room full of people of which I have met maybe a third in real life, and only three of them more than once, and being greeted like the prodigal son. Just LOVE it.
As for tasting yarn, I was too busy tasting the food and playing with the cat (before everyone else got to him!). And then I got myself entangled in the skein of lace yarn I brought, finally succeeding in making it into a ball it with the help of Futureman, and proceeded spending the rest of my precious little time knitting about 5 rows. After that, it was time for me to leave for another adventure in Greater Boston traffic.

I was so scattered that I forgot the camera, but even if I had it, I’d have certainly forgotten to use it. For photos and much better accounts of the ‘Taste of Yarn’ party, go see Wendy, Elisa, Melanie, Maryse, Colleen, Kellee and Kris.

Thanks Wendy! When is the next one?... just kidding!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was too funny, because you walked in and I had to remind myself that I hadn't actally met you in person before then.

4:24 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

you aren't really kidding ;)

7:55 AM  
Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

So. Fun. I'm so sorry you had such an "adventure" finding the place!!

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home