Friday, April 15, 2005

Ecco a voi…

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Humbug, pattern from Rowan Magazine 37, yarn Rowan Summer Tweed, color Salad.
In all its unblocked, unwashed beauty. It took longer to seam it than to knit it, just about, because seaming time (i.e. knitting time when I can actually concentrate on what I am doing) is scarce. So, as soon as I dealt with the last end, I put it on and asked my ever obliging daughter to take a picture. Cutting off my head was optional, but she managed anyway.

I like Humbug more than I expected, considering that I started it mainly to use up some stash with a pattern that I could knit when studying. Summer Tweed has a very dry feel, but it seems to get softer when handled. It also discards a surprising amount of vegetation. I am curious to see how it comes out of the wash, where it is sitting right now.

All in all, a pretty satisfactory project. And it fits me!*

For my next plain knitting project, I went back to a pattern from last Spring IK, the Side-to-Side Ribbon top. And I dug out the ribbon yarn that I have, Pavia, a cotton ribbon bias-cut yarn by Classic Elite (no link available) courtesy of the Great Stash Redistribution Box (thanks Amy and anonymous donor). I like the pattern and I like the yarn, but together they did not convince me. So I let things stew for a few days. And then things clicked: Berroco Zen (the yarn called for this project) is on sale at Webs, and Pavia would be perfect for a baby blanket, so it gets assigned to the Pinwheel blanket.

I am so glad when things do finally click, such a relief!

Of course, my yarn diet is in the way, but I am on my 10th project from stash, I think it might be time for a break

*Kiri update coming shortly.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made that top last spring. I think that you'll be happy with the resutls. Definitely do it in the Zen.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo It Fits!!

melanie
www.msmelanie.prettyposies.com

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks fantastic on you ! A great FO.
Fab !

How's the spinning going ? I know it's so hard to find the time.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. I never thought much of that pattern, but it looks much better in person than it does in the magazine. Colour does so much for it. OIt looks very nice on you too.

julia fc
mothheaven

8:26 PM  
Blogger alltangledup said...

It looks lovely. Most people have a love/hate relationship with Summer Tweed. Love the way it looks and great to wear but too dry and vegetative to knit with

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely Ben . It looks fab on you. I will have to revisit this design after seeing yours.
Carol.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

I love it and it looks great on you - in spite of your head missing...

11:05 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

absolutely gorgeous! LOVE IT!!

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!! The colour is fabulous and the style looks soooooo good on you, sexy momma1

8:28 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

The sweater is beautiful and I do love the color. I hate Summer Tweed but they do make beautiful colors. I just hated knitting with it. I'm curious as to how the garment holds up knitted. Makes me want to make this top too.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home