Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Not the Debbie Bliss Club

You know, I was not going to blog tonight, not for lack of knitting content (granted, there is not that much worth blogging about), but for sheer tiredness.

But just before bedtime, Giacomo, my 7 year-old, came down and asked me what would happen if something like a book was by any chance left outside: would it be blown away?

I said that would certainly be possible. So he asked me to let him go and retrieve this ‘book’ from his newly built fort. Permission was granted, and he came back with this booklet and insisted on reading it to me.

please forgive a mother’s weakness, I just can’t help sharing it with you all:

Club Charectar!

chapter I: plans
all plans must have codes
* more complactad more better
* everybody knows piglatan
* codes like “code blue” are cool
* sybols

chapter II: plans
all plans must have revange
* get enemies in trouble
* get back when defited
* boss them around

Chapter III: Actois
Actions must have sneakeness.
* no noticing
* good hearing
* spying

chaper IIII: actions
Actions must have hard work.
* different people have different hard yobs
*


Original spelling and punctuation preserved. And since I know you want to know, the club’s name is TUFF, Totally Unidentified Flying Freaks.

Do you think is time to take the Calvin & Hobbes books away?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite: "Actions must have sneakeness." Too funny!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Hilarious. I just found a similar book that my almost 7-year old son wrote. I'll post mine too.

11:53 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

can i join the club?

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beatiful! These kids are smart. Such organization! Plus, he clearly already knows the value of hard work.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

god, i just read this aloud to my office, thanks! we all laughed our socks off! oh, to be seven again!

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I predict the boy will go far.

melanie
www.msmelanie.prettyposies.com

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O! I love that. So incredibly dear.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe..little children..and so organized :) Love the name of the organization though..my son has worked as a private investigator for a firm with the name Tuff...the name says it all..those kids will go far..sticking by each other :)

6:06 PM  
Blogger valentina said...

Assolutamente NO! Calvin and Hobbes are still my heroes. Too bad I didn't know about them when I was little.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

I love it! Clubs are the coolest.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home