Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Socks for clogs

Look, Mizar sock No. 1 is finished!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And it even fits me! A nice surprise, it looked so small and tight when on the needles.
It still feels pretty tight fitting, but I have not washed it yet, and I believe that this Shetland wool will soften and bloom a bit in the wash. I love Mizar, but when I was working on it, I half promised it to a friend with smaller feet, so I might have to give it (and its other half, when completed) away.

Still, I am happy, because the pattern was challenging enough but not a headache, and it went relatively quickly on my long DPNs, size 3 (although I thought I was working on 4s all the time!). If I have to give this pair away, I’ll knit another pair on size 4 and maybe add a couple of stitches for better ease. Just for the record, I am not a sock knitter, this is only my 4th pair, but clog socks might convert me yet.

Here is a shot of the heel, to show the pattern going all the way down, as appropriate for clog wearing. I apologize for the photo, but it wasn’t easy to capture my own heel. At least I waxed my legs yesterday…..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Mizar pattern from ‘Socks for sandals and clogs’ by Anna Zilboorg.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! You're my new knitting hero!

11:51 AM  
Blogger valentina said...

Stunning. You are a sock knitter.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sock looks great - those patterns could convert me to being a clog wearer!

12:22 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

GORGEOUS!! They Look great! Yes we'll be converting you to a sock knitter in no time I'm sure! It can be very addicting!!!!

7:19 AM  
Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

I love the sock Ben!!! I bet it's fun to watch you knit on the DPN's... ;)

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home