Saturday, July 02, 2005

Intermezzo

Hello everybody,

just a quick post before disappearing for another month.

June has seen me running around in a frantic mode, from work to classes to homework to work to classes to homework again and again. Plus the end of school, soccer, baseball, t-ball, camping, organizing for summer, some family issues etc.

I had little time for eating and sleeping, never mind knitting, spinning or blogging.
But it was worth it, because now I have the rest of the summer off!*

So Tuesday the children and I are leaving for Italy, where we’ll stay for the rest of the month. While there is connectivity available from there, my previous experience tells me that I will be way to busy at the beach all day, and socializing with friends and family at night, to do any blogging. Usually I do not even knit much** (although I might do some yarn shopping!)

I will take my newly finished Side-to-Side top with me, to visit the homeland, so to speak.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

*Well, not completely, I have still to finish some work, which I will have to take with me. Stupid deadlines!
** I know at least one famous blogger who knits at the beach all summer, and usually has blankets of mind-boggling beauty to show at the end of it, but my beach ethos largely rules out knitting.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get beach knitting; but that's just me.

Great to hear from you, now off to the airport you go. Enjoy yourselves completely!

8:09 AM  
Blogger valentina said...

Buonissime vacanze. You deserve all the rest you can get.

8:40 AM  
Blogger soapy said...

Beautiful! Looks Great on you .. I hope you enjoy your vacation. Looking forward to seeing what goodies you bring back!
Enjoy your summer!

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to see you in your fab side-to-side. It sounds like you have been in a major swivet. I don't know how you survived all that frantic activity!

No blanket this year. Well, a small one. I should swim more and knit less, at the beach. Have a wonderful time in Italy....love, Kay

10:53 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Benedetta, I love the top. It turned out wonderfully. How nice to be able to take it with you to Italy. I'm sure I'm too late, but here's hoping you have a great time and get to laze on the beach for many days. I don't blame you, I probably wouldn't knit on the beach either. Probably would read, but that's about it.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - where did you get the pattern? I love it. Michelle

5:20 PM  
Blogger judy said...

I love the sweater, it looks wonderful on you. I'm going to put it on my list,at least pull out the pattern.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home