Monday, July 07, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Today is my birthday, one of my favorite days in the whole year.


And so far, I am having a good one: work in the Large Animal Surgery rotation is pretty slow, my horse patient is behaving and loves cuddles, the cafeteria had lobster rolls for lunch, many people paid me great compliments by not believing how old I turn today (which is the goodly number of 44) and I expect presents and a dinner out from children and husband tonight.


Oh, and the weather is beautiful! Perfect for the beach, which is what I love (I am firmly ignoring the lack of beach and beach-time for now).


I love celebrating birthdays, mine or other people's!

My parents always made a big deal and threw big parties for us, with lots of friends and lots of presents, and we were always made feel very special on our birthday.


So here is my wish: that you too will enjoy your birthday and feel special, no matter how old you might turn or whatever else might be going on in your life!

Happy Birthday!

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Benedetta!!!! I hope your day continued to be wonderful :)

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woo-hoo!! happy birthday ben!!!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Juno said...

Happy Birthday a Day Late! I hope it continued as well as it began and you felt properly feted.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Happy Birthday, Ben! You should definitely buy yourself some Rowan yarn as a present-from-yourself.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a wonderful day!

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tanti auguri a te, tanti auguri a te, tanit auguri benedetta, tanti auguri a te!!!!
buon compleanno... enjoy it all :)

9:05 AM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Happy birthday! (I know, I'm a bit belated.) I turned 33 this year (four days after your 44) and I also love the summer days, in spite of, say, going to work today on such a perfect day for going to the beach. I love my birthday and though this year's day was a little odd, it was satisfying nonetheless.

xo

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very belated
*H*A*P*P*Y* *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y* !

Think of you often. Do you manage to squeeze in any spinning time ?

xxx

4:38 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

Extremely belated but true wish for a happy birthday!

So glad to get a report from you. Carrie would love to have a horse patient. I wonder if she has the chops to do all the work you're doing--maybe when she's 44!

Hope you get to the beach soon.

love,
Kay

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home