Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Knitters/crocheters wanted

My friend Steph, whom I love very much, has sent me this. Anybody wants to help?

I am too busy to advertise this much, or organize raffle prizes etc., but I thought I'd throw it out there and see if anybody is interested. Depending on how things go, I am pretty sure there could be some prizes lurking in the stash....

Thanks!


Hi folks. I have a request for anyone who wants to knit. My friend's son who is in the Army is headed for Afghanistan this December. There has been a request for scarves for the troops to keep warm. Apparently there is no money in the Department of Defense to keep soldiers warm. Hum..enough sarcasm.
The request is that if you are a knitter (or crochet) and want to knit a couple of scarves, we need about 45 by December 1st. If folks just do one or two, and we get enough folks, we get enough scarves. Give them to me and I will get them to her. Thanks.
Here are the dimensions that the Army will allow:
KNITTING:

MUST BE BLACK YARN.......any kind except wool [too itchy]..........

7" wide by 42" long [length can be 37" minimum or 45" maximum]

e.g.: size 10 needles, cast-on 28 stitches = 7"

Can do 'straight' knit, or make it ribbed: Knit 2 - Purl-2....no fringe allowed..no fancy-pants stuff allowed.......... [all men in platoon....]



CROCHET:

Use a size G or H crochet hook........[.if you crochet loosely use a G, if tightly use an H]

Chain 23 loosely. Turn.

Row 1: Skipping first chain from hook, single crochet first 2 chain stitches, then single crochet in BACK LOOP ONLY of next 2 chain stitches,repeating from across the row. Chain 1, turn.
Row 2: Repeat row 1.
Continue pattern until 42" long [length can be 37" minimum or 45" maximum]. Finish off. Weave in yarn ends.

Thanks,
Steph

1 Comments:

Blogger alltangledup said...

ok count me in.. happy to help ... even if it is going to be black and boring

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home