Friday, September 15, 2006

Nearly identical twins

From Knitty with love!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My first completed Christmas gift (never mind that it was meant for last Christmas). And my first lecture knitting project for this academic year.

I used the left overs from the Tumbling Blocks Cushion kit, 3 of the 6 colors, feeling very smug for stopping little balls of yarn from messing up my desk, and getting something nice out of it. Too smug to realize that I did not have enough yarn, and too stubborn to stop. So: orange ran out midway through the second mittens, red run out 3 rows and a thumb before the end, dark red 1 row and a thumb before the end.

And that's when having China Clouds laying pitifully in a basket around the house turned out to be useful: while it is a mistery to me why Rowan made Rowanspun DK and Rowanspun 4-ply in different shades of orange, red, green etc., the two were still close enough to be matched. Or at least, I did not let that stop me.

Nearly identical is good enough for me. And hopefully for the recipient too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the recipient even notices (which they probably won't !) just tell them it's a design feature :0)

10:47 AM  
Blogger soapy said...

are those fetching? Nice color!

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home