Sunday, January 02, 2005

First blog entry....very nervous

Ciao a tutti!
Hello everybody!

I am so excited to enter the community of knitting bloggers which has provided me so much fun, information, inspiration and many friends in the last couple of years. I can only hope to be able to contribute something back, one way or another.

I also plan to use this platform to air out the conversations I currently have with myself regarding my knitting endeavors, just so that I can feel a little less weird.

As for actual knitting, today I’d like to introduce one of my current WIP, the ‘Here and there cables’ scarf from Scarf Style, done in 100% superfine Alpaca and handpainted by Cherry Tree Hill, color Birch.

Normally, I hate knitting scarves, the repetitiveness is just too boring. In this case though, I have several good reasons:
a) my husband gave me this fabulous yarn on condition I made something for myself;
b) there is not enough of it for a bigger garment;
c) I lost my very favorite scarf a week before the arrival of the new yarn;
d) I saw Melanie’s scarf in real life and it was just irresistible;
e) I love doing cables but I have not done any for a long time.

However, I am currently wondering whether I like it as much as I thought I would: the cables and the handpainted yarn make it a bit busier than necessary. I am pondering what to do.

Today we also tried the Kids Knitting Board, for the very first time, and Maddalena kindly agree to post for the very first picture taken with my brand new digital camera (another solicited present from my husband). A lot of firsts today, as due at the beginning of the New Year!

Buon Anno! Happy New Year!

4 Comments:

Blogger melanie said...

Woohoo! I am your very first commenter! Lookin' good babe, lookin' good!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Stitchy McYarnpants said...

Hey!

Welcome to Blogland! I'm glad I can finally keep track of your fabulous creations!!

Debbie

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In bocca lupo!

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://btkpxsvi.com/pjar/qhbx.html | http://qqipldhi.com/crua/mumv.html

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home