Sunday, August 19, 2007

Last day...

... of freedom. Tomorrow school begins again, this is my third year and I am terrified!
The schedule is going to be even heavier, but also clinics are looming and I can sense the expectation that things should come together and make sense, and that I should effortlessly become competent and confident and all that. I am so not ready for this...

However, my books, notebooks, pencils, recorder and bicycle are ready, so tomorrow off I will go, one way or the other.

To distract myself from what will happen tomorrow, I will tell you what happened yesterday instead. Yesterday was without doubt one of the happiest days of this summer. Here is why:

  • I got to spend 12 hours with Maryse. Do you realize how much serious fun that is?
  • I was instructed in the arts of dyeing wool in a rainbow (or rather 24 rainbows) of colors by the excellent Linda of Pinestar Studio.
  • I was instructed in the arts of needle felting by the lovely Jill of Yarns in the Farms. And let me tell you: the repeated stabbing action required for this activity felt SO good. I see a lot of potential for productive/artistic stress relief, for me and my children, in the immediate future.
  • I met a whole bunch of my old knitting friends, including Melanie! That was such a lovely surprise. And Kellee and her baby. And that was just super!
  • I got to visit one of the most interesting old farms, up to the mysterious and alluring attics, where I felt like a child explorer.
  • In short, I went to the Fiber Revival Festival in Newbury, and had the best of times!
Sadly, I am still camera-less, so I have no photos to share.
Luckily, you seem to like the Africa wildlife photos, and, of those, there are quite a few more......

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger maryse said...

and don't forget the little yarn shopping!

i had a great time with you too! good luck tomorrow. you'll do great!

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so nice to see you again! I'm glad you got to take some classes, I hope next year I have time fot that.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Oh yes, we love the wildlife photos. Good luck with the next semester!

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been having a great time - hope the start of the new term wasn't as scary as you thought it might be ! :0)

3:41 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

Good Luck with school...again!

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home